A simple and nutty home bake cake.
Flour 150 gm
Sugar 150 gm
Butter 150 gm
Baking powder 1 tsp
Cocoa 2 tbsp
Curd 2 tsp
Milk 2 tsp
Raisins 100 gm
Cashewnuts 100 gm
Walnuts 100 gm
Few flax seeds – Optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a round cake tin.
- Beat the egg whites and butter together until thick.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly, little by little, until the consistency becomes thick.
- Add the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold it into the batter.
- Add the cocoa and just cut it in to give a marble look.
- Add the curd and milk together in the batter and mix well.
- Dust the nuts lightly with flour and add half into the mixture and the remaining half on top.
- If adding, sprinkle the flax seeds on top.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin and bake for 40 min until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and leave it on the wire rack to cool.
- Serving suggestion – Serve it with some whipped cream and berries.
Image Credit : Sheri Silver on Unsplash