Strawberry shortcakes is one of my favorite ready in no time desserts for Christmas. You can use other berries as well but I love strawberries.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Serve With Vanilla Ice Cream and some chocolate drizzle
- Strawberries that are ripe and firm
- Light Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Icing sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- 1 and a half cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream for topping
- Optional/Sprinkle of cocoa powder, sprinkles, or chocolate drizzle for decor
Make the shortcakes 1 to 2 days ahead and after they cool they must be stored at room temp. Wrap them properly in clingwrap
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. As you are mixing it with a wooden spoon or baking spatula gradually add the cream and mix till the mixture is completely mixed
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with baking spray or some melted cooking butter and set aside.
- On a flat surface or your kitchen table. Sprinkle some flour and start kneading your dough. Put ur dough on a rectangle tray and pat it to 1/2 inch thickness. It should be equal. Take a good size about 2-inch biscuit cutter and cut the rounds. Place the cake rounds on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 15 min.
- Please keep an eye on the shortcakes and once they are ready place them on a baking rack to cool.
- Split your shortcakes into halves and start layering the strawberries on them.
- Add a decent amount of whipped cream.
- Don’t overdo the whipped cream as then the top of the shortcake will slide off. Add the top layer of the shortcake on the whipped cream layering then add a spoon of whipped cream and then a strawberry on top.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar and serve with ice cream.
- You can add some cocoa powder or choc drizzle for garnishing
Picture Credit : Joseph Gonzalez on Unsplash