Warm up this winter with an exciting and delicious drink. The spiced Irish Coffee is great as an after-dinner dessert or a pick me up any time of the day.
- Irish Whiskey
- (Jameson, Teeling, Bushmills or any other brand easily available)
- Demerara sugar (or any other natural brown sugar)
- 4 Whole cloves
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 spoonful of freshly grated ginger
- 1 spoonful of orange zest
- A pinch of salt
- Ground coffee
- Heavy cream (optional)
In a saucepan simmer the following in half a cup of water for 10 minutes: Demerara sugar, whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, orange zest, ginger and a pinch of salt. Bring it down to syrupy consistency.
Combine the following:
- 1 part Irish Whiskey
- 1 part spice syrup
- 3 parts freshly brewed coffee
Gently add a spoon to cream over the coffee and garnish with a light dust of grated nutmeg.
Picture Credit : Polly and I Lifestyle